Friday, November 23, 2007

Orange Man?

We went orange-picking today and when we were leaving to go home were given 6 boxes of oranges by the nice orange farmers. Can you actually overdose on vitamin C? Ami believes that her friend's feet went orange from eating so many. Is this possible? Please let us know.

2 comments:

Slim Teetotal Shy Mike said...

Yes, you can overdose on vitamin C, but you don't turn orange. You will have diarrheoa and may develop a nasty skin-rash.

However, if you overdose on beta-carotene, which is found in carrots, and is an important precursor of vitamin A, you really can turn bright orange!

But you'd have to drink a gallon or so of grape juice to do it.

Slim Teetotal Shy Mike said...

Whoops! I mean CARROT juice, of course!